What is Vitamin D3/K2?
Vitamin D3/K2 is a capsule that provides a healthy balance of two vitamins that are critical to achieving good health; vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2.
This product contains only natural forms of these vitamins.
In addition, the form of vitamin K2 that is used in this product is called “Menaquinone-7 (MK-7)”. This is the superior from of K2 available in supplement form because it lasts much longer in your body; and this means you have a much better chance of building up a consistent blood level of K2 when it’s in the MK-7 form.
Why is Vitamin D Important In Your Body?
Vitamin D is necessary for optimal brain function. Low vitamin D levels have been liked to cognitive decline and mental impairment. Some studies also suggest there may be a link between vitamin D levels and mood.
Vitamin D supports the body to fight infections, colds and flu.
Vitamin D is a potent immune modulator. For this reason, it may support health in those with autoimmune diseases.
Studies have linked Vitamin D deficiency with heart problems.
Why is Vitamin K2 Important In Your Body?
Vitamin K2 is essential for transporting calcium from your artery walls to your bones. This means that K2 has two basic critical functions, having to do with cardiovascular health and bone restoration.
Reasons Some People Supplement with Vitamin D3 and Vitamin K2
- To prevent deficiency in Vitamins D and K2. In the United States, it has been estimated that as much as 42% of people are vitamin D deficient. In specific populations, such as blacks (83%) and Hispanics (69%), the numbers are often higher. Some have estimated that as many as 95% of senior citizens may be deficient in vitamin D.
- To support strong bones. With optimal levels of D3 and K2 in the body, Calcium can be directed into bones and away from soft tissues, such as arteries
- To support the Immune System.
- Because they use sunscreen. Use of sunscreen lowers the amount of vitamin D that the body can produce from sun exposure. Sunscreen blocks vitamin D-producing sunrays.
- Because they take Statin drugs. Some studies have suggested that statin drugs deplete the body of vitamin K2.
- Other Ingredients: Vegetarian Capsule (HPMC), Microcrystaline Cellulose.
- DOES NOT CONTAIN: Sugar, casein, gluten, milk, egg, preservatives, yeast, artificial flavorings, artificial colorings, peanuts, tree nuts or fish.