The incredible B-12
The more I learn about this amazing nutrient the more I want to tell you about it. This was going to be a short summary of what we have covered so far, and I then was going to show you some delightful tasty fare that has huge amounts of this nutriment. But the more I study, the more I must add. So, this will be number III and probably there will now be a number IV with those delicious dishes and possibly a recipe or two.
What does it do for you?
It is called Cobalamin and plays an essential role in red blood cell formation, cell metabolism, nerve function, and the production of DNA, the molecules inside cells that carry genetic information.
It is water-soluble and works in nervous system function and hemoglobin production. Most of it in the body is stored in the liver. Since the body cannot produce it, it must be found in the foods we eat and B-12 supplements and prescription medication. (And injections).
A long list of good things you probably never suspected
Here is a list:
- Brain booster. Helps with Alzheimer’s, dementia, and various mood disorders. Enhances neuronal repair. Too little is linked to depression, and you need B-12 for healthy memory, concentration, and making mood-enhancing neurotransmitters like dopamine and serotonin.
- Bone Health. It is essential for bone health and preventing osteoporosis.
- Heart Disease
- Reduces frequency and severity of asthma attacks, allergies
- It is required for healthy skin, nails, and hair.
- Reduces macular degeneration.
- Neurological disorders. Many diagnosed with Dementia or Alzheimer’s are just B-12 deficient.
- Enhances our body and mind so you just feel better overall
- Healthy digestive system
- When you are deficient in basic vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, none of your organs work well and remember skin is an organ too.
- It is good for your heart and believes it or not has been proven to prevent and slow the development of cancer.
- Boosts your energy
You may say, well, what doesn’t it do?
Reading the literature, I don’t see much except perhaps leprosy or fear of flying or great heights. No, this seems to be the most powerful of nutrients I have written about, and I am now convinced to add some to my other litany of pills I swallow twice a day. My wife is a caretaker and avid student of health by supplements pills, etc., and makes me take them twice a day. I have no idea what I am putting inside of me, but at 87 years long in the tooth, I can say I look at contemporaries, if there are any left, and they all look like death warmed over. And I can still stand erect, take nourishment, try to dance and sing, and my fire pit plus enduring and reassuring morning wood keeps me warm and going.
After this perhaps you should call and lay in a supply of these death-defying vitamins.
My next blog will be about food, I promise.
Did You Ever Consider Having Your Own Private Label?
Would it be cool to have your own private-label product you could sell online or otherwise? You see others, including your friends, racking up online sales of their very own product under their own unique label and wonder if you could do it. Fill out the brief form below to learn all you need to know. You may be surprised. Have a great day!